Corporate Hub Zambia Limited is committed to the effective management of its records, including both physical and electronic records, to support its operations, comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and to protect its business interests. This policy sets out the requirements for the creation, retention, and disposal of records, and outlines the procedures for ensuring that records are properly managed throughout their lifecycle.
This policy applies to all records created or received by Corporate Hub Zambia Limited in the course of its business, including both physical and electronic records. It applies to all employees, contractors, and third-party service providers who create, manage, or use company records.
3. Roles and Responsibilities
The following roles and responsibilities apply to the management of company records:
- The Records Management Officer (RMO) is responsible for overseeing the implementation of this policy and ensuring that records are managed effectively and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Department heads are responsible for ensuring that records created or received by their department are managed in accordance with this policy.
- All employees are responsible for creating and maintaining records in accordance with this policy and for reporting any potential record-keeping issues to the RMO.
4. Record Creation
All records created by Corporate Hub Zambia Limited must accurately reflect the business activities and decisions they document, and must be created in a clear, concise, and consistent manner. Records must be created in a format that is suitable for their intended use and that complies with legal and regulatory requirements. In addition, all records must be clearly labeled with the relevant metadata, such as the record type, date of creation, and retention period.
5. Record Retention
Corporate Hub Zambia Limited will retain records for the period required by law or regulation, or for the period necessary to support its business operations. The retention periods for specific record types will be established in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, and will be communicated to all relevant employees. Once the retention period has expired, records will be destroyed in a secure manner.
6. Record Storage and Access
All records must be stored securely, whether in physical or electronic form, to protect them from loss, damage, or unauthorized access. Physical records must be stored in a secure and controlled environment, and electronic records must be stored on secure servers or cloud-based storage solutions that comply with the company’s information security policy.
Access to records will be restricted to authorized personnel only, based on a need-to-know basis.
7. Record Disposal
Once the retention period has expired, records will be disposed of in a secure and appropriate manner. All records containing sensitive or confidential information must be destroyed in a manner that prevents their recovery, such as shredding or secure electronic destruction. Records that do not contain sensitive or confidential information may be disposed of in a manner that is appropriate to the record format, such as recycling or deleting.
8. Record Management Procedures
Procedures will be established to ensure that records are properly managed throughout their lifecycle. These procedures will include:
- Guidelines for creating, classifying, and labeling records
- Processes for storing, accessing, and retrieving records
- Requirements for securing and protecting records from loss or damage
- Procedures for the disposal of records at the end of their retention period
- Requirements for ongoing review and monitoring of record management practices.
9. Review and Update
This policy will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis to ensure that it remains relevant and effective in the face of evolving legal and regulatory requirements, business needs, and technology advancements. Any changes to this policy will be communicated to all employees, contractors, and third-party service providers in a timely and effective manner.
By following this policy, Corporate Hub Zambia Limited is committed to ensuring the effective management of its records, which are critical to its business operations, compliance, and risk management. This policy provides a framework for the creation, retention, and disposal of records, as well as guidelines for the management and protection of records throughout their lifecycle.